We are committed to the delivery of good quality community development work, to sharing good practice around engaging communities and supporting appropriate training in localities. We provide a range of training programmes and consultancy services for this exciting area of work.
Coffee & Croissant Hub Networking Events
We run networking events each month in Moulsecoomb & Bevendean and in East Brighton (our partners host events in Elm Grove and Hangleton & Knoll). These events are an opportunity for service providers to network and to learn more about the Neighbourhood Action Plans and community priorities. They have been very popular with about 20-25 people attending each session and 70+ on the each mailing list.
- "The benefits are huge. I feel I’ve made more inroads today than I have in five years."
- "They have been such a valuable source, to not only networking and the effective delivery of my work, but in meeting the needs of the local communities and groups that we are working with through working towards the areas outlined in the Neighbourhood Action Plans (NAPs) which provide the structure for these sessions."
- "To be able to meet, collaborate and share ideas with such a motivated, proactive and diverse group of community and voluntary sector workers on a regular basis, has been a really positive experience."
Find out about events in your area and register your interest.
Be Funding Bid Ready
This course is funded by Sussex Community Foundation and commissioned by Community Works. It is two, three day courses on preparing funding applications for small groups. The Brighton and Hove course started on 8th November with 25 delegates, well over the 10 anticipated.
- "It was a fantastic opportunity. The morning was well run, information really clearly given, and enough time for participants to learn from each other - and nice food as well. Felt really supportive."
- "The course has simplified and clarified the process. I’ve got all the information I need to complete a funding bid."
- "Very useful. I have made useful contacts, gathered information and data, ideas and methods."
- "Clear course structure, aims met, excellent handouts, really good opportunities for networking and skillshare."
The Adur and Worthing course will run in the New Year.
Previous course run by TDC have inluded:
- Working in Community - Organisation, Development and Engagement (C-ODE) - a one year training course for people who would like to improve the effectiveness of their community work using a community development (CD) approach.
- Working With Communities - a community engagement training course, delivered by in-house trainers and external consultants.
- Creating opportunities with communities and volunteers - three day group action learning style course for BHCC employees
- BHCC Tenant Representative Training - a series of training session for BHCC tenant representatives looking at types of representation, methods, skills and problem solving.
What people have said about our training
“It gave me a framework when working with groups in the future.”
“Good mixture of practicals and discussion.”
"TDC are able to combine their experience in group facilitation skills with a wealth of knowledge in community engagement, making this learning programme an essential tool for anyone engaging with local people."
Head of Corporate Learning and Development Brighton & Hove Council
"Key training for CVS's and infrastructure organisations, provides an easy and accessible process to effective engagement"
CEO Community Works
Get in touch
If you would like to discuss the possibilities of a training course for your organisation, please contact [email protected] or call us on 01273 234769.