The next Community Buildings Network event takes place on Tuesday 26th February at Community Base from 4pm- 8pm.
The Community Buildings Network is a group which brings together people who manage community buildings across the city. We have been working with the Community Buildings Network for the past few years – helping support over 150 community groups to find funding and run their buildings smoothly.
As well as the opportunity to network and meet the CBN committee there will be sessions on;
- The opportunities around the new Third Sector commission and a ‘live’ fundraising session.
- Making young people welcome in community buildings.
- Looking at the common challenges faced by those running and supporting community buildings.
Please can you let people in your neighbourhoods, networks or communities who may benefit from attending the event know about it.
The last event in November was really well attended and positive for all who came, so please do encourage people to sign up via this Eventbrite link:
- 3.45 Arrivals
- 4.00 Welcome and Introductions Ann Tizzard (CBN Chair)
- 4.15 Understanding challenges faced by community buildings – A report on the CBN health checks findings. Amy Allison and Kaye Duerdoth (TDC)
- 4.45 Potential Opportunities for Community Buildings around a new Third Sector Commission John Reading (BHCC Third Sector Manager)
- 5.15 Young People and Community Buildings – Hear from young people about what makes a community building young person friendly
- 5.45 Food from The Cardamom Pod
- 6.15 Fundraising for Capital Projects in Community Buildings – Workshop including live funder finder session Kaye Duerdoth (TDC) and Donna Edmead (BHCC Communities and Third Sector Team)
- 7.30 CBN Committee Q&A
Please do let any colleagues and peers know about the event if it might be helpful to them.