How you can help in Brighton & Hove
- Brighton & Hove Community Works - Latest Information and what you can do
- Community Works volunteering opportunities in response to Covid-19
- Find your local Mutual Aid group to volunteer with
- Community Base volunteer search
Learn how to give practical and emotional support to individuals using PFA
Psychological First Aid (PFA) is the globally recommended training for supporting people during emergencies and offers guidance on delivering psychosocial care in the immediate aftermath of the emergency event.
Free online course now available from Future Learn.
The Brighton & Hove Food Partnership are coordinating activity around ensuring no-one goes hungry.
- Food Partnership - COVID-19: What you can do to help
- The Food partnership have also launched a Hungry at Home fundraising campaign to ensure the most vulnerable people in our city are not left hungry indoors.
- The Food Partnership have also put together some guidelines on organising volunteers and food hubs
- FareShare Sussex based in Moulsecoomb are calling on healthy and willing citizens to give up a few hours a week to help in their warehouse or go out making deliveries. They are also asking for donations to support their work.
- The Bevy are running a Meals on wheels initiative to deliver food to isolated people. Some days they need volunteer drivers to deliver hot meals around Moulsecoomb & Bevendean at lunchtimes. Please call the Bevy if you can help on 01273 281 009. They are also asking for donations to support the service here.