- DeafCOG (Cultural Outreach Group) Covid-19 Support
- Sign Health - Latest information and announcements, updated daily
- NHS Inform - British Sign Language videos, how to avoid infection from coronavirus (COVID-19) and self-isolation advice.
- BSL Zone - Daily online news bulletin
- Brighton & Hove City Council - BSL video - How to get help during the COVID-19 pandemic
Easier access to telephone GP appointments for d/Deaf people
From the end of April a new Video Relay Service (VRS), has gone live in all GP practices and offers telephone access and consultations to British Sign Language (BSL) users.
The new, improved service will see GP practices able to offer consultations with support from Signlive, a free-to-download App that connects the caller to a fully qualified BSL interpreter before connecting to the recipient.
It will mean d/Deaf patients across Brighton and Hove and East Sussex will now be able to call their registered practice for free, using the standard telephone number, speak with receptionists and book a telephone appointment with a GP, just as a hearing person can.
The service has been rolled out at speed in response to Covid-19 and the changes in how GP practices are offering healthcare during the pandemic.