Each year, Community Works celebrates community groups and voluntary organisations in Brighton & Hove with their annual Sector Star Awards. The awards are a way of recognising and thanking individuals and organisations for all their dedication, hard work and enthusiasm.
We are very proud to let you know that two members of the TDC team won awards this year!
Kirsty Walker, TDC Project manager came joint in the Most effective Community Works Rep category along with Jess Sumner, of our Dementia Action Alliance partners Age UK Brighton & Hove. The award recognises their consistent excellence in representing the voluntary and community sector over a number of years.
And Jordan Back won an award for Outstanding Volunteering Contribution: Young People. Jordan has made a huge contribution as a volunteer at TDC through his hard work and dedication.
Well done Kirsty and Jordan!
We were also delighted to see so many of our friends and partners recognised in the ceremony…
- Brighton Table Tennis Club who our community development worker Sue Sayers has collaborated with locally on older people’s projects
- Friends, Families and Travellerswho we’ve been delivering youth work with on their new traveller site.
- Raminder Gill, of the Hangleton and Knoll’s Multi-Cutural Women’s Group – our partners on all BME and diversity work.
- Sussex Interpreting Serviceswho we work very closely with – they provide interpreting and translation for the BME events and also support us with our BME engagement consultations.
- The Lucky Dip fair – Hollingdean community development worker Liz Lee worked with local people to set this up.
- And finally, our friends at Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company who have sponsored our calendar for many years and who have always been very supportive of what we do.
Congratulations to every single winner – each award was very well deserved and a great chance to celebrate some of the fantastic people doing good things right across our city!