What people say about our work
Going on the trips [...] is really good 'cos we choose them and so we know they aren't going to be lame"
young woman, aged 15, Moulsecoomb
- The BevenTEEN bulletin is a local newsletter colour supplement that forms part of the quarterly Bevendean Bulletin community newsletter. It is delivered to over 1500 properties in the area and is written and edited by local young people. It aims to give local young people the opportunity to speak their minds about current affairs and issues affecting them whilst supporting journalistic skills development.
- Bevendean Activities Group – this group is made up of teenagers who make their own decisions on how to run the Bevendean Summer Programme each year (since 2007). Yearly, they raise about £5,000 which they keep in their own group bank account. They even started a small business to bring in more money, called Fruitcycle.
- Bevendean Young Women’s Group is a project that has involved anywhere between 10 and 25 young women weekly in fun activities relating to their identities and issues. They produce work annually that is submitted to the ‘B.Fest’ youth arts festival and generally have a great time!
- Brighton & Hove Youth Collective
- Brighton & Hove City Council (e.g. Active for Life, Community and Equalities Team, Youth Crime Prevention…)
- Local service providers including Primary and Secondary schools and community buildings
- Local Community Groups (e.g. Bevendean Local Action Team, Moulsecoomb Local Action Team, Action for Bevendean Community, Bevendean Bulletin etc…)
- The NHS
- Sussex Police
- University of Brighton and Sussex University
And many others…