TDC is committed to making a level playing field for everyone to have a chance, no matter who they are, even if that means running groups and meetings differently to make them accessible to all.
We also work on Equalities & Inclusion projects with different partner organisations, offering a wide range of ways to reach people who, for a variety of reasons, might be less able to find out about things that are going on locally and across the city.
Find out more about our equalities and inclusion work
BME WELLBEING SUPPORT CITY-WIDE ACTIVITIES
TDC carry out community development work across Brighton and Hove and work with communities in some of the most deprived areas of the city. We pay particular attention to working with those excluded as a result of
- Social attitudes
- Ethnic group
The ‘BME Wellbeing Support Project’ is about enabling BME communities to play a greater role in improving their own health and wellbeing. We are beginning by mapping health needs through questionnaires, focus groups and interviews. With a clearer idea of local needs we will:
- Build on our established relationships and partnerships in developing discussion with BME groups.
- Identify key anchor community groups enabling us to reach those BME communities that mental health services struggle to reach.
- Ensure the representation of different BME communities.
- Enable these groups to be a support for their members.
- Create points of contact for community mental health services.
- Establish supportive networks both locally and citywide.
- Enable the most marginalised service users to articulate their needs to service providers.
The more participation the better their outcomes. So get your groups involved!
For further information please contact us on:
Telephone: 01273 234769
E-mail: [email protected]