Every year TDC supports community organisations to give out small pots of Public Health funding and most are currently open to applications from small community groups. This fund is a great way for people to develop their 5 ways to wellbeing through local art/craft, exercise/ dance groups and eating/ growing food, amongst other things:
You can apply for up to £400, and your project or activity should meet one of the health priorities below:
- Improving diet, nutrition and helping to reduce obesity by developing cooking skills, food growing etc.
- Encouraging active living & increasing exercise
- Mental health & wellbeing; promoting the 5 ways to emotional wellbeing, stress and relaxation, improving self-esteem.
- Activities that support healthy ageing and improve health-related quality of life for older people and reducing isolation.
- Projects that raise awareness of the health messages and services about alcohol, tobacco, drugs and sexual health.
If you live in Bevendean, Coldean, Craven Vale, Eastern Rd area, Hollingbury, Hollingdean, Moulsecoomb, Portland Rd area, Portslade, Queens Park/ Pankhust Estate, Tarner or Woodingdean and would like a few hundred pounds to deliver a healthy community project then get in touch with Kirsty Walker: [email protected]