Our annual BME Wellbeing Fair took place this year on Tuesday 2nd April.
The event was a chance for people to connect with and learn about some of the services available across Brighton & Hove to help improve health and wellbeing. We worked in partnership with Brighton & Hove City Council, The Hangleton & Knoll Project and Sussex Interpreting services to host the event.
Delicious Chinese and Indian food was served and there were plenty of activities for attendees to get involved with - from drawing, writing and hand massages to flower arranging and origami. Lots of practical advice and information was available for people to take away and anyone travelling to the event by bus could claim a free bus ticket thanks to a kind donation from the Brighton & Hove Bus Company.
Many thanks to all the organisations who came along to talk about their services, and to the generosity of those who helped fund the event or supported us in other ways. Thank you too to our fantastic partners, plus team TDC and our volunteers who all worked so hard to make this year’s wellbeing fair happen.
Scroll down for a full list of organisations in attendance on the day as well as a film made about the event by Brighton & Hove's Latest TV.
Here is a full list of the organisations at our 2019 Wellbeing Fair, find them on twitter here:
- The Trust for Developing Communities - (MESH and Social Prescribing)
- Sussex Interpreting Services
- Mind in Brighton and Hove
- Brighton Housing Trust
- Brighton and Hove Wellbeing Service
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Synergy Creative Community
- Diabetes UK
- BMECP Centre
- The Chattri Memorial Group
- LGBT Switchboard
- Brighton and Hove Buses
- Voices in Exile
- Bahá'isof Brighton and Hove
- BeeZee Bodies
- Healthy Lifestyles Team, Brighton and Hove City Council
- The Hangleton & Knoll Project
- Macmillan Horizon Centre
- Possability People
- Martlets Hospicein Hove
- Oral Health
- Brighton and Hove Sexual Health and Contraception
- Impetus Brighton and Hove
- YMCA Right Here
- Healthwatch Brighton and Hove
- Albion in the Community
- Terrence Higgins Trust
- Communities, Equality and Third Sector Team, BHCC
- Brighton and Hove Clinical Commissioning Group
- Transport Planner
- Welfare Rights Team
- Impact Initiatives
- East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service
- The Carers Centre/Carers Hub.