Part-Time Community Health Checks Outreach Co-ordinator
2 Year fixed term contract
15 hours per week. Starting salary: £22,937 pro rata
The Trust for Developing Communities (TDC) is a Brighton & Hove based Community Development organisation with a reputation for excellence in community development work, training and support. We are seeking a worker with experience in community development to raise awareness of health and wellbeing issues, specifically the NHS health check programme, to benefit communities in areas with high levels of multiple deprivation.
As Community Health Checks Outreach Co-ordinator you will follow a community development approach to delivering health check interventions. You will be responsible for working with 40-75 year olds in communities, focusing on men, to build and expand existing health outreach work; and co-ordinate with volunteers, GPs, Health Development Nurses and other stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
• Raising awareness about health checks project and health issues
• Building relationships with service providers, GPs, Health Development Nurses, PPGs, CCGs and other stakeholders
• Identifying existing or setting up new community health groups with Community Development Workers to involve people in identifying health needs of the community
• Identifying and co-ordinating volunteers and planning with them how to promote health awareness and uptake of health checks
• Setting up databases and developing a referrals, tracking and signposting system
• Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on your work
You will ideally have experience of direct community development work with deprived communities around community health issues.
Closing date for applications: 12:00pm, 11th May 2015
Interviews will be held on: 18th May 2015
To apply for the post please see the documents below or to be sent the application pack in the post, please contact:
The Trust for Developing Communities,
Wavertree House, Somerhill Road, Hove, BN3 1RN
Tel: 01273 262220
Working Towards Equal Opportunities
Registered Charity No. 1106623